Dr L. M. Callow
Les Callow (currently 71) is Technical Director of Amtec. He specialises in on-site metallurgical, corrosion, coatings and cathodic protection failure investigations and has over 40 years experience in these areas.
A metallurgist by training, Les spent the early part of his career working for IMI on copper & copper alloy corrosion related projects before returning to further education, receiving a PhD in Corrosion Engineering from Manchester University.
Since forming Amtec, Les has worked on a global basis on a wide range of corrosion problems involving stainless steel, aluminium & copper alloys and has also consolidated his knowledge of coating breakdown mechanisms. In addition to his troubleshooting and investigative cases, he participates in training courses in corrosion and coating breakdown.
- Marine & Industrial coating failures.
- Vessel coating evaluations
- Stray current & cathodic protection system problems
- Coating breakdown mechanisms
- Failures of both coated & uncoated aluminium structures & components
- Coating blistering & cathodic delamination
- Failures associated with stainless steel & copper alloys
- General corrosion failures